5-WEEK ONLINE PROGRAM: Building With STEM for Kids
June 10 @ 7:00 am - July 8 @ 11:59 pmFREE
The Melton City Council Learning Directory team are proud to present Building With STEM for Kids – 5 weeks of STEM based building projects that kids can undertake at home using their own LEGO®.
These exciting and challenging online sessions will run weekly, for 5 weeks, starting 7am Wednesday 10 June. Sessions will be accessible via our YouTube channel so you can watch at any time.
- Week 1: Learn how to build a Windmill and the science behind their conversion of energy
- Week 2: Learn how to build a Seesaw and the physics behind the ‘push-pull’ method
- Week 3: Learn how to build a Ferris Wheel and engineer axles using force and friction
- Week 4: Learn how to build a Moon Orbit and explore how gravity and mass work
- Week 5: Learn how to build a Carousel Swing and the physics behind it’s centrifugal force
Bricks 4 Kids will teach your little ones the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) behind these weekly projects. Building with LEGO® can teach kids critical skills without them even realising they are learning, it can spark creativity, develop their critical thinking skills and explore basic STEM concepts…it’s also just loads of fun!
This online program is suitable for children aged 5-11 years.
Don’t forget that all of our online content is available from 7am on the day it’s published, after that, you can watch at any time, forever!