- This program has passed.
August 4 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Tuesday, repeating until December 15, 2020
Mah-Jong originated in China and is now played worldwide. The Mah-Jong set has colourful tiles in 3 suits, plus honour tiles. These are placed in a square and each player takes one, in turn, to use or discard. The aim is to collect a set of 4 groups of 3 of the same suit, plus a pair of that suit to go Mah-Jong. The honour tiles can also be used in the same way.
Other hands can also be achieved by different combinations of tiles, for example, a run of consecutive numbers.
The thrill is to try and collect the right tiles and “fish” for the lucky last tile to go Mah-Jong.
This a fun way to keep your wits about you. We welcome new players. No need to feel wary about not knowing how to play, we will teach you.
- August 4
10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Runs each Tuesday afternoon during school terms
- $40 per year. $20 term 3 & 4, $10 term 4
- Program Categories:
- Melton U3A - For Over 50s, Social Activities
- Program Tags:
- activities, adult learning, fun, games, learning, senior, social, social activity, U3A
The information on this page is intended to provide a guide in relation to this provider and their services. No warranty, representation or undertaking is made by Council about the content, accuracy and completeness of the information on this page.
Council does not in any way endorse or recommend this provider or their services. You must make your own enquiries, inspections and assessments as to the suitability and quality of this provider and their services.
Council accepts no responsibility or liability for loss, damage or injury which may arise from any of the information on this page in relation to the external provider or their services.
Council will not be held liable for any variations to the services, including price variations and withdrawal of services, of this provider.
- External Provider Certification
- I/We confirm that I/we have all of the required Certificates, Accreditation and Insurances to deliver this program or that the person delivering the program meets these requirements.
- Image Declaration
- I/we confirm that we have the right to use this image and have all necessary permissions.