Tech & Tea for Seniors
Program runs for 8 weeks each Thursday from 24 January 2019 to 14 March @ 10am - 11.30amFree
Are you an older person that wants to learn more about technology?
Do you know a senior in Melton that needs help learning how to use technology and their digital devices?
Melton City Council’s Lifelong Learning portfolio is proud to partner with LIvely to bring this fantastic new program to Melton.
Tech & Tea for Seniors is an engaging, fun program that supports older people to learn how to use their digital devices and the internet to become more socially connected, independent and confident users of technology.
As part of the national Be Connected initiative, Lively Helpers will be running a series of FREE technology help workshops for seniors every Thursday for 8 weeks.
In this program you will learn the following:
* Introduction, Connecting to WiFi and basic online safety
* Getting to Know Your Device & Apps (for tablet/phone users)
* Getting Started Online: Searching Google & Email
* Connecting to others: Skype, WhatsApp, Facetime
* Online hobbies: Family History and Google Earth
* Watching and Listening online: Podcasts, Movies, TV Shows, Music, SBS, ABC
* Photo Storing and Sharing (and the Cloud)
* Booking and Shopping online (Melton Learning Directory)
You will also be able to share a cuppa with a friendly group!
Lively is a not-for-profit organisation that brings young and older people together to share skills and learn from each other.
Our young Lively Helpers provide friendly, patient technology help for older community members.
TO BOOK – please call Sally on 9747 5262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org