This is a repeating event21 november 2023 9:00 am
mon20nov9:00 am3:00 pmEvent OverFeaturedFree 2-day Barista Masterclass20 & 21 November9:00 am - 3:00 pm Fraser Rise Children’s & Community CentreProgram Type:Adults,Programs & WorkshopsPrice:Free Event TagsAdult Learning,Community,Education,Employment & UpskillingFree6 hours
CLICK HERE FOR SEPTEMBER COURSE CLICK HERE FOR OCTOBER COURSE Barista training | Non-accredited | Eligibility criteria applies Boost your employability in the hospitality industry by participating in our 2-day Barista
Barista training | Non-accredited | Eligibility criteria applies
Boost your employability in the hospitality industry by participating in our 2-day Barista Masterclass.
If you’d like to have a taste of what it’s like to be a barista or practice your coffee making skills this is the perfect course to attend.
This 2-day, non-accredited barista training is a practical, hands on course where you will learn to use a commercial espresso machine to make a range of coffees. The course is designed for people looking to work in the vibrant café scene or continue further training in hospitality.
In this course you will:
- Operate a commercial espresso machine
- Learn about the origins of coffee
- Make a range of coffee varieties
- Improve your job readiness skills
- Increase your confidence
Upon successful completion of the course you will have:
- An understanding of what makes a good barista
- Improved skills and confidence to look for work
- A Statement of Participation
You must be one of the following:
- Australian citizen
- Holder of Australian Permanent visa
- New Zealand citizen (holder of a current New Zealand passport)
- 17 and over and not enrolled at secondary school (government, non-government, independent, Catholic or home schooling)
- Under 17 and not enrolled at school with an exemption from school.
- Asylum seekers holding valid BVE, TPV, SHEV or Humanitarian Stay Subclass 449 visas or 786 visa.
- Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV)
- Temporary Protection Visa (TPV)
- Bridging Visa class E (BVE)
Places are limited so enrol now to avoid disappointment.
IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION
You are required to complete pre-course registration paperwork prior to attending your scheduled course date. This registration paperwork will be emailed to you by the training provider, Jesuit Community College. Failure to complete the registration paperwork by the specified registration date will affect your ability to complete the course and may impact the refund of your booking fee.
When you enrol in this course a booking fee of $50 is payable to secure your place. This $50 booking fee will be refunded after the completion of your course to the credit card used at the time of booking.
Should you need to cancel your place in this course we ask you to please do this as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow us to offer your spot to another community member.
If you give us at least 7-days notice of your need to cancel, we will refund your booking fee.
If you do not cancel with at least 7-days notice of the scheduled course date you will lose your booking fee, unless a medical certificate can be provided for the date of the course.
No shows on the scheduled course date will result in the loss of the booking fee that was paid.
This training will be delivered by Jesuit Community College, TOID: 21800.
(Monday) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fraser Rise Children’s & Community Centre
46 City Vista Court, Fraser Rise, 3336
This is a 2-day course running on Monday 20 and Tuesday 21 November.
Melton City Council: Fraser Rise Children’s & Community Centre
Booking fee is refundable upon completion of course.
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!