fri20nov12:30 pm2:00 pmCancelledCANCELLED - Lifelong Learning Festival: Bringing Nature to our Neighbourhoods12:30 pm - 2:00 pm ZoomProgram Type:Health & Wellbeing,Lifelong Learning Festival,Social Groups,Special Events & ForumsPrice:Free Event TagsAdult Learning,diverse abilities,families,Gardening & Sustainability,Health & Wellbeing,seniors
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED Local nature isn’t just good for us – it is also vital in addressing the extinction crisis in Australia and supporting our native plants
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Local nature isn’t just good for us – it is also vital in addressing the extinction crisis in Australia and supporting our native plants and iconic wildlife. Did you know that 46% of threatened species can be found living among us in our neighbourhoods?
Nature is a key part of the solution – to bringing wildlife back from extinction, solving the climate crisis, and re-connecting our communities.
This webinar will be packed with tips, advice and inspiration to help you find ways to bring nature to your neighbourhood.
You’ll hear from:
- ACF Nature Campaigners on how local nature and restoration projects can play a key role in addressing Australia’s extinction crisis
- ACF Community Organiser on how local groups can support you and your project
- Volunteers from our ACF community groups who have held successful Nature for Neighbourhood events
- DIY and/or plant experts to provide you with inspiration and tips to help get your projects started
- Volunteers and people who love nature just as much as you do!
Come along and bring your questions. We’ll be sure to give you links and tips on resources you can use to jumpstart your own project, or, help link you up with others who are hosting projects of their own!
RSVP to receive Zoom details for this online event.
This event is being held in partnership with the City of Melton as a part of the Lifelong Learning Festival 2020.
The first five City of Melton residents who RSVP and attend the event will receive free memberships to the Melton Botanic Gardens.
(Friday) 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm