This is a repeating event11 october 2023 4:00 pm
wed04oct4:00 pm6:00 pmSold Out!Sewing 4 Teens - Wednesdays: Term 4 20234:00 pm - 6:00 pm Stevenson HouseProgram Type:Art and Crafts,For Kids,TeensPrice:$100 and over Event TagsChildren & Youth$16511 weeks
Learn an invaluable life skill in our Sewing for Teens classes and become a sewing superstar! In these fun and friendly classes, teens will learn basic sewing techniques and develop
Learn an invaluable life skill in our Sewing for Teens classes and become a sewing superstar! In these fun and friendly classes, teens will learn basic sewing techniques and develop the ability to make their own clothes that will suit and fit their body.
There is a multitude of benefits for learning to sew including:
- Creating unique looks just for you.
- Practising hand eye co-ordination to keep our brains as nimble as our fingers!
- Sewing can be quite therapeutic and a creative outlet, helping you feel calmer, happier and more content.
- Meet new people and create new friendships with people who enjoy sewing too.
- Reduce landfill by making clothes you enjoy wearing rather than buying clothes in today’s world of fast fashion.
Sewing – and then pattern making – is a lifelong learning mission. Learning to sew does wonders for your self-esteem especially when you’re wearing a piece you’ve made yourself and a friend asks where you bought it from!
New participants will be provided with a list of essential items to bring to the first class. Sewing machines are provided.
Participants must be aged 9 and above to enrol in this program. No experience is required.
(Wednesday) 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This is a 11-week program commencing 4 October running every Wednesday from 4pm.
Melton City Council: Stevenson House
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!