This is a repeating event17 july 2023 7:00 pm
mon10jul7:00 pm9:00 pmSold Out!Sewing for Adults: Mondays Stevenson House: Term 3 20237:00 pm - 9:00 pm Stevenson HouseProgram Type:Art and CraftsPrice:$100 and over Event TagsAdult Learning,Craft & Sewing$1502 hrs
Whether you’re a beginner wanting to learn simple sewing techniques or an experienced seamstress, our Sewing for Everyone classes are the perfect class for you. These sewing sessions provide the opportunity
Whether you’re a beginner wanting to learn simple sewing techniques or an experienced seamstress, our Sewing for Everyone classes are the perfect class for you.
These sewing sessions provide the opportunity for participants ranging from beginners to the more experienced, to learn how to read patterns, sew zips, button holes, hem items and gain confidence in other sewing techniques whilst working on different projects tailored to your own skill level in a fun and friendly environment.
There is a multitude of benefits for learning to sew including:
- Creating unique looks just for you.
- Practising hand eye co-ordination to keep our brains as nimble as our fingers!
- Sewing can be quite therapeutic and a creative outlet, helping you feel calmer, happier and more content.
- Meet new people and create new friendships with people who enjoy sewing too.
- Reduce landfill by making clothes you enjoy wearing rather than buying clothes in today’s world of fast fashion.
- Sewing – and then pattern making – is a lifelong learning mission.
- Learning to sew does wonders for your self-esteem especially when you’re wearing a piece you’ve made yourself and a friend asks where you bought it from!
New participants will be provided with a list of essential items to bring to the first class.
Sewing machines are provided.
(Monday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This is a 10-week program beginning 10 July running every Monday from 7pm.
Melton City Council: Stevenson House
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!