This is a repeating event30 april 2021 10:00 am
fri23apr10:00 am12:00 pmSewing For Everyone: Term 2 202110:00 am - 12:00 pm Stevenson House, 10 Stevenson Crescent, Caroline Springs, 3023Program Type:Programs & Workshops,Social GroupsPrice:$100 and over
This is a 10-week program beginning 23 April running every Friday from 10am Whether you’re a beginner wanting to learn simple sewing techniques or an experienced seamstress, our Sewing for Everyone
This is a 10-week program beginning 23 April running every Friday from 10am
Whether you’re a beginner wanting to learn simple sewing techniques or an experienced seamstress, our Sewing for Everyone classes are the perfect class for you.
These sewing sessions provide the opportunity for participants ranging from beginners to the more experienced, to learn how to read patterns, sew zips, button holes, hem items and gain confidence in other sewing techniques whilst working on different projects tailored to your own skill level in a fun and friendly environment.
There is a multitude of benefits for learning to sew including:
- Creating unique looks just for you.
- Practising hand eye co-ordination to keep our brains as nimble as our fingers!
- Sewing can be quite therapeutic and a creative outlet, helping you feel calmer, happier and more content.
- Meet new people and create new friendships with people who enjoy sewing too.
- Reduce landfill by making clothes you enjoy wearing rather than buying clothes in today’s world of fast fashion.
- Sewing – and then pattern making – is a lifelong learning mission.
- Learning to sew does wonders for your self-esteem especially when you’re wearing a piece you’ve made yourself and a friend asks where you bought it from!
New participants will be provided with a list of essential items to bring to the first class. Sewing machines are provided.
(Friday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This is a 10-week program beginning 21 April running every Wednesday from 7pm.
Melton City Council: Stevenson House