Isolation is the perfect time to try new recipes at home with your family in the kitchen. This simple fries recipe uses nutrition packed sweet potato and is a hit with children who participate in our popular ‘Cooking 4 Kids’ program at Taylors Hill Youth & Community Centre!
- Approx. 2 medium-large or 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fry-shaped pieces about ¼ inch wide and ¼ inch thick and spread them onto a baking tray.
- Sprinkle the sweet potato with the cornstarch salt and oregano if using. Toss until the fries are lightly coated in powder. Drizzle the olive oil over the fries and toss until the fries are lightly and evenly coated in oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip the fries and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with your favourite sauce and enjoy!